I’m a business and tech reporter and former Silicon Valley correspondent with 15 years of experience in digital journalism, experience in creating and running businesses as a founder and interim CEO, product management and project management. I created the online business magazine Fillmore and recently built digital platforms and products and at the media startup Addendum. I’m also the founder and chairwoman of Digitalista, a women’s network that has received several national awards. My work has been published in international publications, such as Wired Germany, Spiegel, t3n and Der Standard. On a more personal note, I sometimes write personal blog posts over at Medium.
Smart Casual Newsletter
I’ve recently started writing a business newsletter in German. Subscribe now!
Work with me
- Target Audience Analysis: Who are your readers and who do you want to be your readers?
- Digital content diversification: How can you distribute existing content through new channels, such as voice assistants or video platforms?
- Digital Storytelling Workflow: How to tell a story from research to development to distribution
- Interim editorial and project management: I’ve been known to be a human fire extinguisher and the one to call in case of an emergency, such as a DDoS attack while publishing important investigations
- Consulting, In-House Training and Strategies: Digital Platforms, Editorial Management, Newsroom Innovation, Product Management, Content Strategy
- Freelance Reporting
How I work
- First we’ll evaluate the status quo and what the problems and goals are
- Then we’ll set up key objectives and figure out how to reach those goals and get rid of the problem
- Now comes the fun part: We’ll develop strategies, content channels and digital products that are need to reach the objectives
- Once we’ve decided what projects should be realized, we execute them
- Maintenance and controlling: Once a product is live, we’ll regularly evaluate and improve its process
- I’m a journalist but I’m also a fan of numbers! So every project is set up to deliver measurable results.
Product References and Editorial Work
- Bits and Pretzels Column
- Addendum Investigativ Podcast (editorial development and product management, launch strategy)
- Addendum Investigativ Newsletter (editorial and product management, launch strategy and audience development)
- Addendum: René Benko (editorial management and digital storytelling)
- Addendum: Holzmafia (editorial management and digital storytelling)
- Addendum: Das System AKH (editorial management, reporting and digital storytelling)
- Addendum (Site Launch, Site Management, Product Management, Community Building, Podcast Launch)
- Fillmore (Site Launch, Site Management, Traffic and Audience Building, Product Management)
- Smart Casual Newsletter (Strategy, Traffic and Audience Building)
- NZZ Österreich: My last column
- Wired Germany: Op-ed on Uber
If you’re interested in working with me, feel free to write me an email (hi (at) elisabethoberndorfer.com) and follow my social channels: